Dear Joe Conner and @all,

You mentioned that the menu item anchoring "To page" is no longer available.

Unfortunately you did not mention in which cases you need this function.

Here I'd like to review  @Robert Großkopf, quote, "Note: It may have been omitted because anchoring to a page means it's fixed to a page like in old layout days and will cause problems in master documents." But not just in master documents.

But the question should be what is the anchoring to the page supposed to achieve. IMHO it seems only reasonable, e.g. in a book the first page should be designed with a picture. Or one wants to insert full page images on several pages, e.g. at the beginning of chapters. Of course I don't know the application of other users, but here examples would be helpful.

When anchoring images to the page, keep in mind that they can no longer "wander" to other pages. So if you have an image anchored to page 5, you can insert or remove as much text as you want in front of that page,
but the image will remain fixed to page 5.
This can even mean that if you remove a lot of text in front of it, you'll only have 4 pages left, for example, but the image will still be anchored to page 5 and will probably just disappear.

Many users are mostly not aware of this function so in detail and you have a completely different idea of how it should work. Since the function anchoring "To Page" was very often misinterpreted in the past, it was probably decided not to offer this menu item directly. The anchoring "To Page" function is now only available in the Styles/Frame Styles.

How do I achieve anchoring "To Page" in the easiest and quickest way possible? I just mentioned the Frame Styles, which should now be dealt with more intensively.
LibreOffice Writer has, so to speak, predefined processes for images.
Every image inserted into Writer is associated or assigned to the "Graphics" Frame Style (yes, Frame Style).

The, I'll call it special, feature of images is the caption of the same.
So if you want to add a caption to an image, a frame is inserted around the image.
As known, the caption can be above or below the image.
The frame around the image is again assigned to the Frame Style "Frame".

In the following we assume that no caption is added to the image.
This means that the Frame Style "Graphics" is relevant for the image.
Now, in order to achieve a quick, even immediate, anchoring of an image to the page, we need to adjust the "Graphics" Frame Style.

Here's how to do it:

Open Writer with a blank document. Modify the "Graphics" Frame Style by setting the anchoring to "To page" in the Frame Style and save it by clicking OK. Now save the document as a Template, possibly with the check mark for "Set as default template".

If you now open the Template, you will get the document "Untitled 1".
Now insert an image. This image is now automatically anchored to the page, because it is assigned to the changed Frame Style "Graphics". Finally, I would like to point out that this procedure will only lead to a good and desired result in special cases.

The most common anchors will probably be the variants offered in the context menu (not on the page). On this page you will find further descriptions about anchoring and positioning of images:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Videos/Insert_and_edit_images_in_Writer_Part_1

I personally wouldn't consider the missing selection in the context menu for anchoring "To page" as a bug.

I hope I have been able to help a little to understand the processes involved in anchoring images.

Regards
Harald