I have found anchoring of images and objects the most frustrating thing in LO, some changes to LO have meant having to re-anchor all images in older documents. Anchoring to page is a valuable choice for me, what I would really like is an option to choose the anchor point and for it to remain unchanged by what ever algorithm moves the anchor point from one location to another, frequently jumping from inside a table to some other paragraph on the page.
May be something like "Lock Anchor".
Steve