Hi Brian,

Thank you for your explanation.

" I'm guessing you mean as a background? When you do this, there should
be a Link option, and this may become ticked by default. In that
case, the image is not embedded in the document file, but is required
to be available for inclusion when the document is reopened. In
particular, this will not work properly if you send the document to a
correspondent without separately sending the image. If you remove the
tick from Link before pressing OK, the image should be embedded - as you need. "

I am unable to find this "link" option which you have mentioned, while saving my document as a
".docx" format. The background image is not getting embedded when I save the document, hence the
background image does not display when I reopen the document.

" I'm unsure how this could work: it seems a contradiction to me. If
the background was blue and the image was red (at some point), what
colour would you hope for? Blue? Red? Purple? "

A few of the background images are white in colour, which makes a very harsh contrast with black
fonts. These images would look a lot more pleasing & soothing to the eyes with a yellow or pale
orange background for example (of course this opinion is subjective). Hence if you could allow the
background colour to be embedded on the document along with the background image, it would allow
the user to customise the document as per his preference. If this causes the document to change to
a wierd colour (like you have mentioned), the user can easily undo the changes & revert back to a
background colour which is preferable.

I hope I have been able to explain myself properly in this email, & I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
Dutta