Hi :)
+1
Extensions/add-ons are a great way of keeping unnecessary features out of the way of the majority
users that never need certain features.

I think the generally used stats are that 80% of users know about less than 20% of features in MS
Office.  That's not a different 20% for each user adding up to 100% amoungst 5 users.  It's more
the case that if you stripped MSO down to 20% of it's features then 80% of people wouldn't notice
anything missing.  In terms of actual usage and from just observations and conversations with
individuals i would agree with Tim about it being more like 1% of features being used 99% of the
time.  People tend to not use most of what they know and they don't know much.  They focus on just
getting the job done, not on fancy ways of doing it.
Regards from
Tom :)