On 20/02/2024 17:43, aguador wrote:

El lun, 19-02-2024 a las 19:34 -0800, Tom escribió:
On 2/19/24 6:54 PM, Joe Conner wrote:
I use Ubuntu 22.04lts and the latest Ubuntu depository Libreoffice.

LibreOffice does not recognize my installed printers.  How do I
force
availability of Libreoffice to use my printer? When I try to print
only "generic printer" is available. I have a Canon laser
MFP743Cdw,
an HP laserjet M402dw, and an HP officejet pro 8025.

Each can be used when printing a .pdf using the Document Viewer
software so I export my word document to .pdf and print using the
Document Viewer. This kludge work-around works, but i think the
best
scenario is for LibreOffice to recognize my printers as it formerly
used to do.

I appreciate any suggestions.

I recommend that you re-install LibreOffice from the source <https://www.libreoffice.org/> rather than the Ubuntu repositories. In earlier days, when I thought Ubuntu was a good idea for me, I had similar problems with printing from their variant of LibreOffice. They all went away after installing the original product.

Peter HB