On 11/02/2024 18:25, Robert Großkopf wrote:
Hi Mike,

you could set something for the grid in
Tools → Options → LibreOffice Writer → Grid
Subdivisin will set more ore less grid points between the main points.

You could set the color for the grid in
Tools → Options → LibreOffice → Application Colors → Writer → Grid
but the problem will be: the grid points are only one pixel.

You could use helplines while moving a control:
View → Grid and Helplines → Helplines while moving

Regards

Robert

Thanks for the input.

I've tried changing the colour, which helps a little. But the dots are still unusably faint I'm afraid. Oddly they're actually quite visible when the image is scaled down - but the more I magnify to allow more accurate positioning the fainter they appear.

Snap-to-grid doesn't seem to do a lot - but as the grid size isn't changeable, it would not be a whole lot of help.

The helplines do help to get rough alignment.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England