You can try:

1. Using a newer version of LibreOffice, in case this issue has been fixed over the past couple of years. 2. Long shot: Exporting to another document format and re-importing. Although this may have its own problems. 3. Regardless of the above - filing a bug about this at https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/ , and if possible - attaching the document to the bug page, so that developers can have a look.

Eyal