If by "sheets by position" you mean things like "the next one,
whichever the next worksheet would be", you can. I don't know whether
you actually need this feature – please allow me to doubt it – but
there is such a thing in LibreOffice Calc.

Beware: if you need compatibility with other spreadsheet software, I
wouldn't recommend using this feature. Not every spreadsheet software
(and/or file format) supports this feature. Moreover, before investing
too much time on this, you should test this with a simple basic case,
save it, close the software and reopen the test file again, in order
to check whether everything works as expected. You have been warned!

In LibreOffice Calc, worksheets can be addressed by relative references.

For cells, you add a "$" symbol for columns, rows, or both for
absolute references. This is quite common, in every spreadsheet
software and file format. For worksheets in LO Calc, when you precede
a worksheet name with the same "$" symbol you make its reference
absolute. Absolute worksheet references are the default (and only)
mode for most spreadsheet tools and file formats (so they don't use
any additional symbol). In Calc – I cannot emphasize that point enough
– if you use the name without the preceding "$" symbol, its address is
relative.

Please "play" with this feature before using it in important work. For
instance, use relative references for multiple (i.e. more than 2)
worksheets, save the file, then move (all) worksheets around and see
the resulting formulas and actual calculation results. Copy
worksheets. Delete worksheets. Before and after each action, please
pay attention to the resulting changes, in order to understand the
effect of relative references.

You should have clear knowledge of how relative and absolute
references affect the results of actions such as move, copy and
delete, before attempting to use them.

Should I add "Use this feature at your own risk"? You have been
warned, again. Don't blame anyone else! Using relative references for
worksheets should not be used by inexperienced users, and it should
only be used for specific purposes, not as a norm.

Regards,
Ady.