/
//I am using LibreOffice 7.3.5.2 on Windows 11./
I am using 6.4.7.2 on Linux Mint.

/I often have several LO files open at once./
Me too.

/I find that, when I click to open another file, the “open file dialog” defaults to the path of the most recent file I opened, even if I am no longer working on that file and may have closed it./
Me too.
/
//What I would prefer is to have the “open file dialog” default to the path of the LO document that is in the active window on which I am currently working./
Me too.

/Is there any way to accomplish this?/
I don't think so.  At least not simply.  I am not sure if it
is due to LO or the windows manager program, but probably
LO since it happens on both windows and Linux.

Mike

I am using LibreOffice 7.3.5.2 on Windows 11.

I often have several LO files open at once. I may have a Calc spreadsheet open, an Impress slide
presentation, and one or more Writer documents, all open at the same time as I bounce back and
forth between files.

I find that, when I click to open another file, the “open file dialog” defaults to the path of the
most recent file I opened, even if I am no longer working on that file and may have closed it.

What I would prefer is to have the “open file dialog” default to the path of the LO document that
is in the active window on which I am currently working. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Virgil