'Extended ASCII' Included things like accented vowels .  ANSI aka Windows
Code Page 1251 included box drawing characters that were used pretty widely
in the USA pre-windows on DOS.

Most of the Windows Box drawing glyphs are now in the Unicode Box Drawing
U+2500 - U+2550.
[image: Screenshot from 2023-03-03 16-49-13.png]
However, Accessing these unicode glyphs don't have equivalent means to
render them like in the DOS days.  You can't spell them out then
convert them to drawing, nor can you use Alt- or Alt-shift alphabet keys to
access them like in the DOS era. You'll have to find an 'ascii draw' app
that has them in its palette.

I don't have windows installed, but I see Arial has the unicode  box
drawing glyphs. as does Deja Vu Monospace. So if you have Arial
monospace or find Deja Vu Monospace, either will have the box drawing set ,
and they will align like monospace fonts.   I just don't know a program to
suggest that will allow you to access these glyphs like you could in
Wordstar for DOS.