I get the same thing with 5.1.0.3 (was 5.1.1.3 a typo?)

I tried again, and did only the first space addition. I found that
if I go to a new line  and enter any text, such as

asdfgh

and then add a space and the two-piece arrow -> so that I get

asdfgh ->

when I press space after adding the arrow, I again get the extra semplificazione