Dan Lewis wrote:
<snip>
I'm still don't understand what the structure of dBase2 is. How can you use two or more tables in a query for example using this database engine?
Some light reading required?

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DBase

File formats:

   dbase II:   http://www.fileformat.info/format/dbf/corion-dbase-ii.htm
                   http://www.clicketyclick.dk/databases/xbase/format/
   dbase III:   http://www.fileformat.info/format/corion-dbase-iii.htm

It has been my experience, and that is from the 90s, so maybe others on this forum with later experience or knowledge can confirm or deny that, that dbase2 or 3 does not use SQL. The wikipedia url above confirms that. dbase does everything with a command file (.CMD) using a dbase Programming Language. Base does not attempt to use the CMD files. It only imports the dbase data from the DBF files. Even so, it has been my experience that trying to import dbase III+ (c. 1990) DBF files into Base does not work. They are too old and Base does not go back that far in DBF file formats.
Hope this helps.
Girvin Herr