Dear Robert Funnell, Brian Barker, Dries Feys, Dan Lewis, Tom Davies, and
Tom Webb,

Thank you all for discussing and solving one of my problems.

Sincerely,

Taang Zomi

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Taang Zomi <libreofficezomi@gmail.com>wrote:

In LibreOffiice 3.3  Math Guide (0700MG33-MathGuide3.3.odt), on p. 14, the
following is written:

 *Numbering equations*

Equation numbering is one of LibreOffice Math’s best hidden features. The
steps are simple, but obscure:

   1.

   Start a new line.
   2.

   Type *fn* and then press *F3*.

 The *fn* is replaced by a numbered formula:

  [[equation: E = mc2]                         (2)

()

Now you can double-click on the formula to edit it. For example, here is
the Riemann Zeta function:
[equation: [Rieman Zeta Function]       (3)

You can reference an equation (“as shown in Equation (2)”) with these
steps:

   1.

   Choose *Insert > Cross-reference* from the menu bar.
   2.

   On the *Cross-references* tab (Figure 17), under *Type*, select *Text*.
   3.

   Under *Selection*, select the equation number.
   4.

   Under *Format*, select *Reference*.

==

When I typed fn and pressed F3, nothing happened. In the document the fn I
typed appeared, not the desired result.

I do not know whether my F3 key did not work.

Can somebody kindly explain in step-by-step detail  how to number
equations.

==