Hi :)
Sometimes the IT department love playing around with OpenSource stuff.  It tends to be much easier
to maintain and fix and there are none of the usual worries about properly activating the right
licensing on the right machines.

On the other hand other IT Departments feel threatened by it and revealing that you use OpenSource
or anything other than MS stuff gets them all worried about security and other FUD they have been
fooled into believing.

So, i would be wary about asking the IT Department until after you have successfully run the
portable system a few times and shown it doesn't cause them any problems.

Hmmm, also i was wondering if Google-docs has a presentation app that you could use to show the
slides?  If they do then that might be a less scary route.
Regards from
Tom :)