On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 03:09:38 -0700 (PDT), SteveBell wrote:
Hey Tom,
the issue got some attention already and Roman is looking into it. So
everything is fine. I too, do hope that LO will find some more frineds on OS
X.

Best,
steve

Well, I'd like to become one of those friends, but haven't succeeded in
installing LO on my system.  Several weeks ago I asked for some help
with this and got no response.  Does no one have any suggestions?  Here
is my earlier post:

--------------------
By mistake I had installed the PPC version of LO 3.6.1 on my Intel Mac
Pro, and loaded an existing spreadsheet that was saved by NeoOffice. A
few seconds after loading, without my hitting any keys or buttons, but
moving the cursor, the app hung (spinning beach ball and one CPU goes
to 100%).

After force-quitting, I downloaded and installed the Intel version over
the earlier one, and then again loaded the same spreadsheet. Again
after a few seconds the app hung spontaneously. Finally I deleted the
app with AppDelete, and installed it fresh from the .dmg file.

This time I opened a new spreadsheet and tried a couple of elementary
things. They worked, so I accessed Preferences and started to look at
the General subheading under LibreOffice. After a few seconds, without
my doing anything, the app hung.

This happened two more times. Is there any way to get this app working
under Mac OS X.6.8?

Thanks.