Hi :)
Errr, in Gnome i could put an icon on the top taskbar to open an app and then configure the
command-line call it makes, for example to force LibreOffice to open as Calc, and then drop files
onto that icon.  Is that possible in Mac?  or something even better?
Regards from
Tom :)

________________________________
From: Richard Quadling <richard@fantasyshopper.com>

<snip />

Non Mac users of LibreOffice are completely missing the fact that
LibreOffice.app is all that the UI shows. Not calc, or whatever the other
modules are called.

And so, I can EASILY associate a tsv file with LibreOffice. No problems
there at all.

But it opens it in the word processor.

I want to associate it with the command line (tested - works)

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Framewopen -a
LibreOffice.app --args --calc *****

where ***** is the full path of the file I've double clicked.

This I can do in Windows.

Am I alone in thinking I'm missing a real trick here?

The file arrive on the network automatically, I just want to open one when
I need to, edit it and save it. Other apps deal with the files changing.

--
Richard Quadling | richard@fantasyshopper.com |
http://www.fantasyshopper.com

Fantasy Shopper <http://www.fantasyshopper.com/>
http://www.fantasyshopper.com/

Fantasy Shopper: a fun new website where you can fulfill all your shopping
fantasies! With more than 300 real shops you can build your Fantasy
Wardrobe with real clothes, style outfits for you and friends and compete
with the community for real prizes.

--