Dan,
Thanks for your reply. My answers to your questions are below.

1) What version of LO are you using? (3.4.6, perhaps 3.51) 3.4.6 is a better version for business
purposes.
A: We are currently using LibreOffice 3.4.3 - OOO340m1 (Build:302). I am trying to get my sysadmin
to update to a more current version. I will shoot for 3.4.6

2) What operating system are you using?
A: Running on Windows Server Enterprise, SP2.

3) Have you tried to save a document as a template? Templates as I understand them are not .odt
files. They are .ott files when created by Writer as text templates.
A: My understanding is document templates have nothing to do with JODReport templates. Correct me
if I'm wrong, but I believe .ott files would be used as a base when creating a new .odt file. I
used the term template in a more generic sense, in that the layout of the page provided by Writer,
together with the FreeMarker codes, form a template for generating a final PDF file by JODReports.
JODReports uses a specific naming convention for searching for the right file to use. You specify a
prefix, like "wo_print", and a suffix indicating the output format, such as "wo_print.pdf", and JOD
will search for "wo_print -template.odt" as the template, and it will generate a PDF named
"wo_print.pdf".

Thanks for your thoughts. Any others are much appreciated.

John