Hi, all you out there in the crazy world,

Many of you seem to have problems with installing LibreO. I experienced that too; first I had problems installing and after that problems with crashing every time I started LO-Base. I don't know what I did wrong or what I did right but now LO on my both computers (seems to!?) work OK.

Below I describe what I guess were the main points of how I finally got LO working.

1 >> I had OpenO (OO) for many years on my both machines:PC-Win7Prof/32bit and Laptop-Win7Prem/64bit- in early January this year I decided to try LO

2 >> I choosed LO-3.4.5 that at the moment was mentioned to be the latest stable version

3 >> somewhere I had seen a note that if changing from OO to LO the former program must be completely removed before installing the new, because they use some same components (DLLs ?); meaning that every time I replaced OO=>LO and then back LO=>OO I first used ControlPanel/Uninstall and then manually removed remaining files from ProgramFiles and Users/"user"/AppsData/Roaming => reboot to secure changes

4 >> the Java/JRE is said to be a must for both OO and LO; JRE is already included in OO but not in LO (why not?). The JRE has to be installed on the computer BEFORE installing LO and there are different JRE versions for 32bits and 64bits systems. The laptop was immediately OK but the PC required many trials and errors before I found the JRE version "jxpiinstall.exe" on Java Home Page.

That is how January went by - since then to now I have studied-tried-experimented-guessed-cried-damned to get an idea about LibreO-Base.
It is hard days life to be a non-expert LO-user.

Good luck - glad if that is to help!

Pertti Rönnberg