I finally got my first torrent to work via KDE's KGet, instead of GNOME's version of it. My problem with uploading a torrent file is my upload speed is only about 120 KB/s, instead of the 1 MB/s I am told I should get with my account. My download speeds are over 10 MB/s easily though.

So when I need to deal with email or other package that needs to upload packets, I cannot be using Torrent, FTP, or any other package that needs any uploading to do its work, including packet verification processes or commands telling servers that the packets arrived properly.

So when I have to deal with a torrent download, I MUST set my uploading speed to the bare minimal amount to allow the process to be done. So for me to share a large file from my computer is not an option.

Yes, the downloading via torrents work great for a stop and start process, such as a dialup user using his/her connection at night to download the file and then shut it down till the next night of downloads.