On 27/01/2012 19:36, drew wrote:
This is a 650Meg file using the embedded db engine, right. The file is usable on other machines, but not on the Mint based machine you need it on and this stopped working after the most recent update of the OS (to version 12) - do I have that correct? If so one quick question - can you run any other Base files using an embedded db on that machine, since the upgrade? Thanks //drew Actually one more - Do you have skype?

Hi Drew

Thanks for the reply.

I originally developed my DB in OO about 6 years back and have been using it in OO since then. I've always used the embedded engine. When LO 'forked' away from OO I tried that but could never get my Database to run - it would just crash Base whereas it was still working in OO. As each version of LO came out I gave it another try always with the same results. About a month or two back with some suggestions from the Forum I moved my DB to LO and re-developed my front-end Form and it worked!! But I ran into another problem which escapes me right now so moved back to OO.

With my latest upgrade to Mint 12 KDE I had a problem that LO would not even start. So I installed OO again and it ran OK BUT I had problems with it not saving data. So I removed OO and re-installed LO (from the LO WebSite) and this is where I sit now with the "No SDBC driver found" error.

I have no other DB to try but yesterday I found an old backup of my Database from about a year ago and tried to open that and got the same SDBC error. I can however create a new database in LO with no problems. My file is 640Mb in size and if I look at it with an un-zip program I can "see" all the contents.

Yes - I am on skype - 'ianzs6cdx' (But only Keyboard-to-Keyboard as I have not had a chance to get my microphone working in Mint 12 yet!!)

Thanks a lot.
--
Ian Sig

*/_Ian Whitfield_/*
ZS6CDX

*Pretoria, South Afric*a
*Tel* - +27 (0)12 817 2001
*Cell* -+27 (0)82 573 9142
*FAX* - +27 (0)86 651 4844
*Skype* - ianzs6cdx, also on Facebook
*SnailMail* - Box 72226, Lynnwood Ridge 0040, South Africa
/
(No trees were harmed in the production of this message, however a
large number of re-cycled electrons were temporarily inconvenienced) /