Hi :)
Thanks for starting a new fresh thread about this so quickly after i asked you
to! :)  Sorry all the replies have gone to the other thread but hopefully you
have got those?

I think people are assuming that the crash happens during install?  If so then
perhaps java is the issue otherwise it might be just that you have multiple
versions of LibreOffice / OpenOffice installed.

Tim at KrackedPress suggested making sure you had installed java before trying
to install LibreOffice.  He has uploaded the best java to use with LibreOffice

http://libreoffice-na.us/English/install.html
or the direct link to start downloading the file straightaway
http://libreoffice-na.us/English/jre/jre-6u21-windows-i586.exe
Tim & David gave official Oracle download website pages to find the old _21
version
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html#jre-6u21-oth-JPR

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html#jre-6u21-b07-oth-JPR

I was wondering if the crash might be happening when you open a document rather
than during install.  If so then it might be caused by already having OpenOffice
on the system.  You might need to completely un-install OpenOffice but a better
method might be to try to twist these guidelines to help you have both
LibreOffice and OpenOffice installed side-by-side
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel
The main problem seems to be if you have the QuickLauncher on.  Switching
OpenOffice's QuickLauncher off solves most clashes.

I don't think the portable apps would create a problem but if it's QuickLauncher
is on then it might.

Tools - Options - LibreOffice - Memory
Near the bottom of that page in the pop-up should be a tick-box which needs to
be un-ticked to avoid the QuickLauncher problems.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)